Monday, September 27, 2010

The Power of Ice Candy…

It’s just amazing to know how our neighborhood becomes so addicted with my mother’s ice candy. It’s a dessert (though some children make it their breakfast or lunch or dinner. Believe me) made of some secret ingredient (milo and sugar) and placed inside plastic wrappers and then allow it to freeze.

One morning I woke up late because, I was tired. In my dream, I was also lying down and suddenly, somebody from the door shouted “bakal!! Bakal!!*” I was so tired so I ignored the little voice. I slept. And after about thirty minutes, I woke up and was surprised because the voice I heard a while ago was not a dream after all; the poor child was standing (still saying “bakal!!”) at the place where the voice in my dream was coming. And after a split second, a stampede occurred; she wasn’t the only one who was standing there. I found out that an army of young selfish little aliens were waiting for me to appear on the door which was a signal for them to attack our house and buy lots of ice candies. Am I exaggerating? Well, if you were in my place at that time, you would. I was deprived of my right to go to the restroom and do my thing, make a coffee and even pray! Because of the event, I forgot everything. And for the next hour I was busy going in and out of the house catering to the young aliens.

After the chaos, when I was finally left alone, I sat and I remembered the child who stood at the door for 30 minutes or maybe more. She did not stop shouting until I woke up and get what she wanted, the desire of her young heart, the refreshing, sweet and delicious ice candy.

And again, I learned an important lesson in life, persistence. When we ask for something, when we need something, when we desire for something, we should pray without stopping or losing hope. Don’t stop praying and asking for what you need. I remember this woman in one of Jesus’ story who wanted justice; she never gave up knocking on the judge’s door until she was given what she needed. I saw this image on the little girl, though I was a bit irritated and annoyed, I appreciated what she thought me (isn’t it funny? The children are teaching the adults nowadays). Never give up when you need something.

So guys, ask for your Ice candy now, and remember, don’t give up.

Enjoy! : )

God Bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment