Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chapter I: A Blogger’s Death

5:30 AM…

Starmart , it’s a place I also call sanctuary.

It’s quiet. It’s peaceful especially in this time of day.

I am alone with my best friend. Sad to say, he is no human. He’s a super hot sweet black coffee; at least, that’s what’s written on the machine.

I look at the glass wall as I wait for the sunrise. People start to get thick as the morning breaks. They are happy; they seem to be hopeful on what’s going to happen to their lives today.

Strange, I feel the opposite. As the sun slowly rises, my life drifts away together with it, and then, sadness. For the 10th or so times, I found myself crying again. I feel like dying. I am perfectly healthy. I don’t have any illnesses but it’s as though I have Cancer of a rare type which is taking every bit of my life as the time ticks.

Thankfully, my coffee gives me warmth amidst the cold air that surrounds me.

The very day I was supposed to be born again became the day I died. I tried to fix things with all the effort I could do, but it wasn’t enough. I have collected the pieces of my life only to be scattered again.

Ouch!

The end does not justify the means.

I had my own reasons. But nobody has the courage to listen, or even try to lend their ears. Nobody believes me. It’s my fault. I started it all. Maybe this is karma, and whoever invented this word, I hate him. I am suffering down to my bones. I don’t know where to start again. I don’t know what to do. The only place that gives me solace is the sanctuary where I am sitting right now.

But until somebody dares to listen, it will be me and my cup of coffee.

2 comments:

lee said...

bro, upon reading your blog. Faces and events started flashing in front of me. I don't know if what i'm writing is grammatically correct, but the thought of someone committing the mistakes that i've done makes me feel gloom. i wish the best for you bro. i will be the one who will supply foods and beverages in your wake in case you decide to hang yourself! :D just kidding.

pogz26 said...

Thanks bro...made me smile there...:)

Post a Comment